Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Making the Game

At first i tried to edit the Arena tank game that we just finished and tweak everything, but after getting to many errors, i realized that it would be much easier to just start from scratch and include the parts I need from previous files.

At this point in the game, I've just made a floor, a square (for the player), and am in the process of making him move. I've gotten the left to right easily enough, but the "jump" is what is giving me trouble. I'm trying to get a accelerated jump that does not depend on how long the "UP" key is pressed, but just when it is pressed.

The next thing i need to do after that, is make the player rect. stop vertically when he collides with a floor, and once that is completed, create the floors all over the map.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds good, Luke! I think your plan of starting over, but borrowing from previous projects is a good one. I'm glad your jumping Mario is coming together.

    ReplyDelete